Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Oh, Hey! I'm a Normal Person...

I have experienced so many emotions in the past week, I don't even know where to begin. Well...I guess from the beginning?

So Thanksgiving was amazing, and for the first time ever, I actually sat and enjoyed the food. I didn't think about calories, or stress, or anything that could hinder me from soaking in the glorious feast in front of me. BUT SEE...I have two Thanksgivings. One at my mom's...and the next day at my dad's. 

I ate so much.

No, you don't even understand....

In any case, I didn't think too much of it until I decided to weigh myself late last week. 

BAD IDEA! BAD BAD BAD IDEA....

I cried.

Granted, it wasn't like I had reverted back to my pre-running self. I hadn't even put on inches per say...and yes! I know the number means absolutely nothing....trust me. It doesn't matter though, because all it takes is just that hint of doubt...oh not to mention being a hormonal maniac once a month, to throw me over the edge.

That lasted about two days. Then I got over myself because I happen to have a mother who says cool things like "It's easier to maintain than obtain." So I just cracked the whip and started being strict with myself again.

I know, who cares about all this right? Well I do! Because, when I am running and balancing my diet, I'm pretty darn happy.

Okay, that was explaining my first cry of the week. That cry was a self-pity cry. The second cry was more, "Holy cow...all the feels in the world crashing down and my heart is exploding" kind of cry.

I don't really know how to break down why I even started to bawl like a baby on the couch while texting a friend, eating Fruit Loops...and watching Greg play his XBOX other than the fact that a close friend of mine was overly sweet in her text....and I lost it? I think that whole once a month hormonal thing may have gotten in the way again. 

Why am I telling these silly stories when I typically am talking about serious stuff? Because I'm here to remind you that I have a lot of normalcy in my life too. We are all human. We laugh, we cry (even over post-Thanksgiving flub and mushy texts from friends). Emotions are one the most beautiful things that God gave us. 

I normally hated experiencing any type of difficult emotion, and frankly JOY was not an emotion at the top of my list. However, for the first time in my life....I think I have reached a point of elation. I love who God has made me, no matter what the circumstances are. I love the people he has thrown into my life. My heart has never been so full of love...it's pretty awesome.

This time of the year is so majestic isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment