Monday, November 18, 2013

Staying True

Wow! I actually made it through a second week of my new regimen, and I couldn't be happier.  The old me would have already given up and been on her third bag of sour patch kids by now, but the new me is welcoming all the changes in my life.

I wanted to update everyone who dares to read my measly blog because in a way it keeps me accountable for my actions. So I might as well list of some of my accomplishments in the past week:


  1. I have lost 2 lbs.
  2. I have lost at least an inch at both my waist and hips.
  3. I have maintained my calorie intake while eating healthy.
  4. I burnt over 3000 calories.
On top of my physical accomplishments, I cooked some new meals, worked 4 days at my part time job, donated plasma twice, did homework, practiced plenty of piano, and played with my baby boy. To say the least, my week was quite busy. 

And guess what?

It starts all over again tomorrow! I couldn't be more excited!

I'm not gonna lie, it was a hard week, but it was rewarding. Seeing my progress has enabled me to push myself further each day.  One of the things that I have noticed that isn't customary for me, is that I get delighted to do my workouts.  The amount of relief that I get from the little stresses of adulthood is incredible. I have found that although financial worries are always a constant in my world, the gravity of it isn't as heavy.  Also, when I find some bits of motherhood overwhelming, that endorphin rush usually helps put things back into perspective.

All of you new moms out there, especially the SAHMs, understand that every day brings a new challenge and generally those challenges have the power to override any desire to transform yourself into the person you want to be.  Most of the strength I have gained has not been physical, but actually emotional, as it takes unwavering dedication to continue this journey. 

No matter what life places before your feet, there is no reason to drop the desire to continue in whatever path you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment